Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary to me!!

 Wow, as of yesterday I've been at Aladdin's Castle for 2 years. What an amazing 2 years it has been. I started off in the Tiny 2's and fell in love with those potty training wild kids!! Now most of them are in the 4 year old class and I just can't believe how much they have grown. It is amazing to hear them spell their names or know their colors shapes and numbers without even a second thought! Then I moved into the Infant 2 room, I wasn't in there very long...but then again it doesn't take long to fall in love with those babies too!! Those kiddos are now in the one's and the tiny twos. Again, it is unreal to see how much they've have grown and developed in such a short time!! A lot of them are even big brothers are sisters now!! It's amazing how blessed these families are! Around August I moved into the Infant 1 room, these babies are 0-6 months old, and this is the class I've always wanted to be in. I can not believe how these babies and parents have touched and changed my life! I've had approx. 15 babies give or take a few. And each and every one of them has a special spot in my heart. It is such an honor to be trusted by these parents to love and care for their precious little ones! Being a mother of 2 I know the fears and worries and heartache that come with putting your baby in daycare for the first time!! Its fun to see all the different types of family set-ups. I've had single moms, single dads, married parents, parents who were together and not married, living with grandma, anything you can imagine! I've had so many different cultures to learn from and see how they raise and care for their children and babies. Everyone always says don't compare your baby to others because everyone is different. Take is from me..that statement couldn't be more true!! I've had a baby crawling before she moved up. And I've had a baby who didn't crawl until almost 10 months. Then there's my baby who was crawling and pulling up at 7 months. Its just so wonderful to watch each baby grow and devolop on their own time into smart and funny little toddlers who tell me about Blue's Clues or who love to squeeze my neck. Even more fun to watch them stop and look at my new babies and investigate them completly clueless to how small they used to be. There are a few of them who have pulled a little harder on my heart strings than others, like a little red head and a tiny little preemie who has grown into an amazingly strong and beautiful one year old! I can't help but hug and squeeze them every day. Well I've rambled on a little more than I meant to but as you can see I love my job, I love my babies, past present and future. Last but not least I love my parents who share them with me and make my job just as fun as the babies do! I look forward to watching your children continue to grow no matter where life takes us. Thank goodness for facebook! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment