Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Raising a genius...

It's hard to explain life with Bryson. Some days it's hard, most days it's fun. He has his moment where you want to squeeze his little head off, and other where you want to just squeeze him. He is happiness and stubbornness. He is joy and he is frustration. Every now and then though, he absolutely blows me away.

A few days ago, he did just that. You see, Bryson is always learning. Always exploring, and wanting to know how, why, when, where. He was in the bath the other night, when he was done he came into the living room. He asked me "What is 46 times 46?"



I was so confused, but I pulled up the calculator and then I told him the answer. He said "Wow! So that's how many little bubble things are on the rug in the bathroom." He then explained to me that he counted each little bubble. Then counted the row. Then... somehow... my little seven year old boy, in 2nd grade.... knew to multiply them to get the answer he wanted. When he explained that to me, I was in shock. Just blown away and couldn't believe he knew to do that. I asked my mom, who teaches 2nd grade, when he would learn about that. She said it would be during the end of second grade. So he knew how to do something he's never ever been taught.

Like I said, it's so hard to explain life with Bryson. But it's moments like that that make it so worthwhile. Learning through his eyes, is always an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment